Friday, October 22, 2010

My first cabling experience

Well, my friend told me it was going to be easy.

I wasn't so sure. (Not that she would tell me a lie. She is a very honest person. That is one of the the qualities I love most about my friend.)

Anyhoo, I Googled "how to make a cable swatch" and came up with a very helpful link: Knitting Cables for Dummies. (This one looks like a helpful tutorial as well, but I didn't try that one last night: Learning Cable Stitches is Easy.)

So at 10:35 last night, I printed out the tutorial, cast on 14 stitches and got to work.

After about 10 minutes, this is what I had made:

(Click on image to see larger version.)

Truth be told, I was a bit giddy about this little swatch. Considering that I am going to be doing a lot of cabling in my afghan, this was an important technique to learn.

On today's task list: learn how to make a bobble.

No comments:

Post a Comment